Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician IV-Production (664736) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician IV – Manufacturing
Perform standard manufacturing and assembly tasks of mid-higher complexity in a production repetitive-build aerospace environment. Role tasks may include cleaning, parts/materials preparation, mechanical/electrical assembly, polymerics processing, manual soldering, cable/harness fabrication, adhesive/bonding and masking operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly, test and manufacturing operations.
- Perform troubleshooting to the electronic component level on a printed wiring assembly.
- Apply intermediate to advanced competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling,general manufacturing equipment, and electronic test and measurement equipment.
- Complete certification training and maintain required certifications as required.
- Apply solid computer skills to access and input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Utilize reading & comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction and/or suggest revision to existing instruction.
- Train and mentor more junior level technicians.
- Will be required to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy. May inspect or verify work of lower level technicians.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more experience or a two-year technical degree and 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent manual soldering skills that are compliant per J-STD-001 Class 3.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician IV-Production (664736)
Job ID: 664736
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time