Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is a new joint venture between Platinum Equity and Ball Corporation. We are excited about the opportunities ahead as we leverage our expertise to create value and a sense of ownership.
Ball Metalpack produces 100 percent recyclable tinplate food and aerosol containers. As part of Ball Corporation, we’ve been industry leaders for years. Now we are standing up a new company with exciting new roles and responsibilities – including this one!
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and develop innovations. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging delivers to our customers and to families. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit todays needs. We recently breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
With the help of our 1,300 talented employees, Ball Metalpack will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversees the extension of credit to Ball Metalpack’s customers and monitors all collection activity related to the assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Responsible for all transactional input into the systems employed by the credit and collection team.
- Assists with hiring of new credit and collection employees.
- Responsible for training of new credit and collection employees.
- Reviews and approves customer special billings.
- Administers procedures and systems for credit and collection team.
- Responsible for maintaining current information in customer files for ongoing credit assessment.
- Participates in establishing procedures and systems for the credit department.
- Supervises the efforts of a team that is collectively responsible for pursuing credit and collection activities related to payment exceptions on customer accounts.
- Supervises the cash application and adjustment entry functions, ensuring that processes are maintained and followed to provide accurate posting of transactions.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting, on a regular basis, of information related to the assigned functional areas.
- Provides direction in the resolution of any issues related to the investigation and reconciliation of accounts receivable problems. Provides alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Maintains relationships with customer departments responsible for payment processes.
- Maintains relationships with the credit industry to facilitate exchange of ideas and information.
- Responsible for the initial credit review and decision for any new accounts to be included in account portfolio.
- Responsible for verifying the reasonability and accuracy of all general ledger activity generated by the team.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
- CBA, CBF or CCE certification or actively enrolled in a certification program offered through the National Association of Credit Management or similar organization leading to a professional designation.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard credit and collection techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Travel: 5%
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Credit and collection law
- Software applications such as Word, Excel, JD Edwards One World A/R, Outlook, and Internet sites developed for the credit professional.
_Demonstrated Leadership Skills _
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Relationship Builder- Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- Results Oriented- A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Metalpack offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Job ID: 664626
Location: CO - Broomfield