Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Test Technician II (664720) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II – Test
Perform operating and monitoring climatic and thermal vacuum chambers to support engineering development and production. Tasks may require application of both technical theory and practical knowledge in the testing of a wide variety of company products and systems. Tasks may include operating, maintaining and monitoring of complex mechanical, electrical and cryogenic test equipment.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate and monitor climatic and thermal vacuum chambers per customer requirements processing aerospace production products and assemblies.
- Prepare and maintain required test logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Perform 6S tasks on a daily basis.
- Provide technical support for setting up tests in thermal vacuum chambers. Includes routing and connecting flexible tubing and mating electrical connections.
- Assist with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration, cryogenic, and thermal vacuum system equipment.
- Apply computer skills to access and input data via computer interface, automated equipment or test equipment. Collect and analyze computer data.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend action to address unique and complex technical situations.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, and participate in special projects.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Assist higher level technicians with assembling and wiring new or modifications to existing equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary
- May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record
- Will require some initial first shift operations for training and orientation. Must be willing to support a flexible second and/or third shift and weekend shift schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Ability to understand vacuum and thermal testing equipment.
- Ability to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Flexibility with work schedule including weekend and shift work.
- Will be required to get company certifications to operate a fork lift, overhead crane, ESD, fall protection, cleanroom, LOTO, FOD, confined space.
- Any environmental testing e.g. thermal cycle, vibration, EMC / EMI experience a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Test Technician II (664720)
Job ID: 664720
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time