Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Spacecraft Engineering New Business Lead (664595) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Spacecraft Engineering New Business Lead
Spacecraft Engineering is looking for a New Business Lead to support proposal activities, develop and maintain proposal and marketing materials, and communicate our spacecraft product line for Civil, Commercial, and National Defense efforts. This role will include a variety of responsibilities from writing technical volumes, generating spacecraft cost estimates, and developing spacecraft conceptual designs in response to RFIs and RFQs, to supporting proposal efforts by providing expertise and mentorship for BOE/RCE generation and technical writing.
What You’ll Do:
- Create spacecraft concept designs (equipment list, basic performance budgets) using standard product baselines as starting points and pulling in specialty engineers as needed to solidify details.
- Work with the SC Engineering Chief Architect, SC Engineering Components Manager and other Engineering departments to ensure that marketing information is reasonable, consistent and current.
- Engage all Business Units to understand their markets and their customers, and assess the business units’ needs.
- Coordinate resource allocations for major proposal efforts, communicating needs from the Business Units to the Engineering departments.
- Provide cost estimates for spacecraft efforts, including ground-rules and assumptions and risk and opportunity assessments.
- Generate and present viewgraph packages describing Ball spacecraft capabilities and heritage, tailored for specific customers and audiences.
- Generate and maintain marketing materials describing Ball spacecraft.
- Maintain currency on overall Ball capabilities, including Tactical Solutions, SES, and all Ball facilities – be able to provide overview-level descriptions of Ball Aerospace capabilities.
- Create and maintain a Spacecraft Proposal Library, containing past proposal artifacts and cost/schedule actuals; provide support to use the library including context of actuals data.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with new business support, preferably for aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering efforts.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Spacecraft Engineering New Business Lead (664595)
Job ID: 664595
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time