Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Manager-Supply Chain System Innovation (664622) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Manager – Supply Chain System Innovation
The Supply Chain System Innovation Manager is responsible for helping to develop the Ball Aerospace Supply Chain strategy, including overall system development and architecture, through the creation or use of technology, process, tools and training to enable next-level transformation.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Centers of Excellence (CoE), developing, guiding, ensuring and measuring four primary areas:
- Supply Chain System development and architecture: Includes linking strategic goals and objectives to tactical execution through development of one/holistic system, providing visibility and tracking of cash, product and data.
- Supplier Performance system development: Concepts, responsibilities, measurements, cadence, delivery targets, delivery systems.
- Category Management: The process of selection of suppliers, segmentation of supply base, metrics management, and supplier performance management.
- Technology and Tools:Through gap analysis and study of industry best practices, leveraging personal expertise and experience, determine required future-state toolset of Ball SCM (enterprise and organization levels).
- Understand larger company strategy to select, govern and innovate within SCM.
- Look for trends across all categories, with an outside-in viewpoint of business trends and customer voice, and a constant focus on innovation to drive continuous improvement for larger Supply Chain Management team.
- Meet deadlines and works well under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills linking issue resolution to process improvement.
- Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, including business process metrics and measures linking to business key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Link the sourcing and procurement processes to improvement opportunities in planning, customer voice and the ability to address supplier constraints and opportunities.
Written and oral communication:
- Ability to clearly communicate analysis results verbally and in written form.
- Proven capability of managing internal and supplier communication with results-driven mentality. Proficient using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access).
- Supplier-neutral (that is, no specific preference toward a particular software supplier or technology).
- Ability to incorporate applications and tools to enable, improve and scale sourcing and procurement processes.
- Provide strong and visible leadership. The Supply Chain System Innovation Mgr will need to quickly establish authority within the Supply Chain Management organization and influence other functions within the company, such as quality, engineering, finance, product design/development and legal.
- Use strategic thinking to shape the plan and gain buy-in from the Supply Chain Management organization and other stakeholder functions.
- Enlist strong process and project management skills/ability to manage change.
- Employ strong people skills — an ability to envision, energize and enable the Supply Chain Management organization and other functions, and, where necessary, lead performance management decisions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience is required. MS degree is desired.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Membership in professional organizations, such as trade or user groups, and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences to enhance their knowledge of Integrated Supply Chain and Supply Management isdesired.
- An ability to work multifunctionally across organization boundaries and lead the shift from an inside-out culture to an outside-in, customer-centric organization.
- Understanding of enterprise technology tools that enable sourcing and procurement execution and reporting.
- Must have proven negotiation, analytical, conflict resolution, collaboration, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience working with multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives.
- Experience working within supply chain functions with proven leadership capability.
- Hands-on experience with modeling, analysis and simulation tools.
- Experience using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access).
- Hands-on information gathering, analysis and management reporting.
- Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment.
- Must be well-organized and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Manager-Supply Chain System Innovation (664622)
Job ID: 664622
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time